Saturday, January 31, 2009

We are the Dinosaurs, Marching! Marching!

Today we celebrated Corbin's 5th birthday with a 'Dinosaur Party.' Above is the T-Rex we used for 'Pin the Fangs on T-Rex.' Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take pictures of the kids playing this game. However, it was really cute.
I believe a fun time was had by all (except me.) I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off! We started off with poster coloring.Then we moved on to the 'Dino Dig' portion of our party. After that, we marched to Laurie Berkners "We are the Dinosaurs" and had a little freeze dancing. Those are Brontosaurus hats, by the way.
Then it was time for the cake.
After the cake we opened presents. This was the craziest part of the entire thing. It was definitely a 'group effort' on the gifts. I don't know that Corbin actually opened any of them by himself, but it sure was fun to watch!
Overall, I think the party was successful. All the kids are gone. Corbin and Nya have come down from their sugar high and are now playing with toys. It's 4pm and I'm going to take a nap!

7 comments:

Regina said...

I always feel like a chicken with my head cut off at my kids b-day parties! We try to make it so memorable for the kids! So worth it!

Holly said...

Looks like it was a success! What a great bday theme. I love themed birthday parties, but I am with you I feel a little crazy during the whole thing. Glad it went well!

wvaun said...

Good Job, Mene'!!

Looks like great fun. Great Cake. Mom

Oh the things YOU can Think of for your great kids... Those two have no chanch to be bored and think live is so uneventful! Personally I have never had a dinoaaur "Party" ever.
Love Dad

Kristen said...

Happy birthday Kiddo!

Ross and Vanessa Young Family said...

Wow you went all out. Looks great!

The Haley Family said...

Looks like a fun party! I'll keep dinosaurs in mind for B's in March! Success for you!!!

Courtney said...

Happy birthday! You are so creative! Camden loves dinosaurs too. I think he would love to be one in real life and chase his sisters!