Monday, December 1, 2008

Australia

Over the weekend my mother in law, mom, dad, and I went to see the movie Australia. I have to say it was fantastic! It was actually shot in Australia, so the scenery was incredible. The acting was great;and the movie was very well written.
My favorite thing about the movie was the little aboriginal boy they cast as 'Nullah.' He was darling! From what I understand this was his first time acting, but you couldn't tell. He did a great job. I really liked Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman as well.

The movie is pretty lengthy, (about three hours) but the story is so fantastic that the time just flies by. The following is how about.com described the film.

"A romantic action-adventure set in northern Australia prior to World War II, 'Australia' centers on an English aristocrat (Nicole Kidman) who inherits a ranch the size of Maryland. When English cattle barons plot to take her land, she reluctantly joins forces with a rough-hewn cattle driver (Hugh Jackman) to drive 2000 head of cattle across hundreds of miles of the country’s most unforgiving land, only to still face the bombing of Darwin, Australia by the Japanese forces that had attacked Pearl Harbor only months earlier. With his new film, director-writer-producer Baz Luhrmann is painting on a vast canvas, creating a cinematic experience that brings together romance, drama, adventure and spectacle."

After the travesty of Twilight, I think the box office has redeemed itself a little in my eyes.

6 comments:

Holly Lin said...

you've been tagged, my dear!
Go to my blog to get the scoop!

BTW...thanks for the info on the new movie. It's always good to hear it from a friend.

Holly said...

I wasn't sure if I would go and see Australia but now after your review, I just might. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving.
Oh and could I get your address?

Regina said...

I really want to see this movie! It sounds like a really good one.

Kristen said...

Um, what about the other fantastic movie we saw. I think that has some award potential.

Maran said...

Yes Four Christmases was a fun movie. While it was not quite the epic Australia was, the acting was superb. The realistic way that Vince Vaughn groaned as his brothers slammed him into the ground. Whew! Perhaps it will be a battle for best Actress/Actor at the Academy this year ;)

Courtney said...

I saw the Oprah about it. It does look very good! Hey I need your address too!