Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nya's Baptism

Well, Nya was baptized last Saturday, so I just wanted to post a couple pics. She was so happy! A couple nights before the baptism as she said her night prayers she said, "Heavenly Father I am so excited to be baptized and receive The Gift of The Holy Ghost."
As a mother, it was a very proud moment. I keep thinking, 'Man, thank heavens she's so much smarter than I was at her age!' The only things I remember about my baptism were my new pink dress and getting my ears pierced afterwards. The actual ordinance is a blur. Have you seen the commercial where the waitress thumps a guy in the forehead for being such an idiot? It would have been nice to have that waitress around when I was baptised! Over the past couple days I have found Nya writing in her journal several times. I'm so proud of her.



It was also a very great experience for Brian. This was the first baptism he has ever been able to perform. He served his mission in Southern France and they aren't exactly diving into the font over there.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Nya looked beautiful! I'm so proud of her. She is definitely a smart girl and I can't wait to see what amazing things she will accomplish in the future.

I'm also proud of my little dork brother. Good job Brian! Are those tan lines, that I see on your feet. And um, the jump suit reminds of when dad had to wear the extra teeny tiny jumpsuits. At least your belly didn't protrude beyond the elastic waist line.

Regina said...

Congrats. to Nya! I love her dress! It looks so great on her! She is growing up so fast and so mature for her age.

The Haley Family said...

Nya, congratulations! What a special day for you! Maran, congrats on being such a wonderful parent!

Courtney said...

That is so wonderful! She looks so beautiful! It is a such a special moment.