Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentines

Last year I thought I was smart buying valentines for this year at 90% off in the after Valentines Day sales. I bought one box for each child. I figured that would cover it. However, my pride in my thriftiness was shot in the behind when Nya was invited to a valentines party outside of school. I had to think of something for 20 kids fast. Thanks to Martha Stewart on the Today Show, we came up with these little gems. My mother in law sent me the bags ages ago, and I had scrapbook paper on hand. So, the only cost was in the candy we put inside the bags.
Nya had a blast cutting out hearts and writing "Happy Valentines Day." Although I think her favorite part was filling up the bags with goodies. She's a 'choc o holic' just like her mom.Corbin's main role was that of moral support. Although you couldn't tell. . . He was just as proud as if he had made them himself.
P.S. Did you see the flowers in the background of the first pic? Those are the first flowers Brian has given me since we got married. I have to say I was pretty floored. I don't know which was more shocking, getting the flowers or that there is in fact a romantic bone in his body. Nonetheless, it was pretty exciting to get them. Thanks Mister!

6 comments:

Regina said...

What a cute idea! Wow! I love Nya's hair! It's gotten so long!

TJ said...

First flowers since you have been married! WHOA...you gotta get that boy trained! (not like mine is great or anything...)

Rachel Clare said...

I can't believe how your children have changed in 8 short months. It happens too fast! I miss having you guys across the street. My neighbors now suck. Seriously.
But back to your post- I love that your kids were busy making Valentines! Um, we've not done that yet. Better get on it!!

Holly said...

I cant believe how long Nya's hair is, its beautiful!
I will tell Kathleen hi for you.

Jen said...

Brian finally got flowers for you? Does he have a fever? Has &*ll frozen over? Good job Brian.

The Valentine idea is super cute. This year I opted to buy Hershey bars that have the Valentine message on the wrapper and a place to write the names and who they are from. I'm just too busy right now.

I think Corbin knows exactly what he is doing. Let everyone do the hard work and he will reap the rewards! Cute guy!

The Haley Family said...

beautiful flowers and fun Valentines'! I am so glad today is over! 2 parties and 2 boxes and 2 sets of Valentines'...phew!

Cute!!!