We have a very tiny yard, and I love vegetables. Winter is always hard for me because vegetables are so expensive, and tastless during those months. So, I have started looking into making a hydroponic garden. This way, I can have all the homegrown tomatoes,herbs, and spinach I want year round. I've seen some great explanations on the internet. It looks like you can use a rubbermaid container for holding the plants. I even saw one where the guy had a drip system set up on a timer. That is kind of what I'm wanting to do. My only issue, is that I don't want to waste money making something that may not work out. While I do have rubbermaid containers on hand, the lights and nutrients aren't cheap. Brian has teased me that I don't have a green thumb, (I have a black thumb.) I tend to kill plants. It's sad, but true.
Have any of you ever made a hydroponic garden. (Even if only for a science project?) Do you know anyone who has made one? I'm really hoping to figure this one out. I'd like to start one soon. I welcome any suggestions you or your friends may have. I'd love to know what works and what doesn't before I spend the money. This is what I'm picturing (minus the kitty.)




3 comments:
This sounds very cool! Let me know if you have any success with it.
I am taking the class from Kathleen. She seems very good. It is going to ba alot of fun. I am also taking Microbiology in the evenings. I have heard the it was fun also. I ad to drop my A&P class. Boo. So I will not graduate, I am four credits short. Isnt that sad. But I feel better about it. I will get there...evenually.
Are you still taking classes up there?
I enjoy all of your posts about nutrition and exercise. It is all very helpful. Did you ever try to stuffing recipe I sent you?
I am lazy and haven't tried the stuffing recipe yet. I'll let you know when I do. 4 Credits??? Holly, you're soo close! I'll bet you can be finished by summer! Congrats! That's a great feeling. By the way, what's your major again?
hey crazy woman!!! you need to post again.......enough with the hydroponic garden thing and on to the next great idea!!!! miss you and love you
cams
Post a Comment