Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Goodbye New Mexico
As many of you know, we recently moved (last week) from New Mexico. After 4 years there, I have to say I fell in love with that place. I was remembering the other day my feelings when we were moving there. I remember thinking, "What are we doing?" All I could see was dirt and rocks. Now, though, I have come to appreciate what a wonderful place New Mexico is. While there, we made some friends that will last a lifetime. What I originally thought of as lack of curb appeal, I now consider to be a refreshing lack of pretension. I have learned to find beauty in the desert. (In fact I'm hanging an O'Keefe print in my living room.) I will truly miss all the wonderful friends and beauty New Mexico has to offer. It really is the 'Land of Enchantment'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I feel guilty about never visiting you guys when you lived there. Stupid work! Stupid money! Stupid looser car! Stupid time!
We will definitely have to make a trip to Colorado though!
This was a nice post. I'll be waiting anxiously for your next posts!
I have to put myself in time out too! It kinda saves my sanity sometimes!! I glad you have a blog so we can keep up on what's going on!
Maran, Thanks for the comments! I already miss you. I seriuosly went to call you about something and then the thought came...duh, they moved and I dont even ahve her new number?? How did the move go? I am happy to help feed Brian. He will provide some entertainment for the missionaries tomorrow! Hope you and the kids are well. Keep in touch! Love, holly
Post a Comment