Saturday, November 22, 2008

I must be Honest

O.K. so I realize this post may ruffle a few feathers. Perhaps for some of you it will be considered blasphemy. However, I couldn't feel good about myself if I wasn't completely honest. And I must relieve myself of the burden I have carried for the past 12 hours.

Last night about 15 women from my ward and I went to see Twilight the movie. Since then, I have been searching for the perfect word to describe the movie. Terrible, putrid, stupid, horrible. . .none of these words quite pack the punch I believe this movie deserves. From poor acting to pathetic music to cinematography which stunk, overall this movie blew chunks.

There, I have said it. Whew! I feel much better now. I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw a movie that was this bad. What is the matter with us people? There must be something wrong with the audience for movie makers to believe they can pass trash like this off as entertainment. Are we so deprived of quality film that we have to settle for this? How dare they have the audacity to charge $9.50 for something so worthless. Seriously, I could feel brain cells dying while I watched the film. Add to this a mixture of teen bops and their mothers screaming their heads off and you have a truly painful experience. I couldn't help but find myself laughing in all the wrong places. I bet Nya and I could do a better job of making this movie with Barbies!

If you want to save yourself from the pain I endured, I recommend waiting until the movie comes out on video and renting it from the Red Box. When you're finished watching, you'll probably still want your buck back. However $1 waisted is better than $9.50 One of the ladies in my ward suggested that perhaps I didn't like the movie because it was geared toward teenagers.

Let it be known however, that I am a closet teen angst fan. I love teen flicks. "Can't Buy Me Love," "Some Kind of Wonderful," and "Pretty in Pink" are a few of my favorites. Also, I loved reading the Twilight series. So with that in mind, I can objectively say that Twilight sucked.

10 comments:

Adam and Jennie MacPherson Family said...

I am glad I am the only one that is still somewhat upset over this movie. I think your review was totally right! Last night after we watched it I was still trying to decide how I felt about it, but the more and more I have thought about this movie the more it irritates me. Aside from the movie being awful, the screaming fan club didn't help.

The Haley Family said...

that is funny. I've heard nothing but good things about it so far from friends. I wish it was closer to me so I could see it...but I'll wait for the DVD I guess.

Cami said...

well i think it is all left to personal taste and i have to say that some of your favorite teen movies blew chunks.....as you put it!!! you want to talk about cheesy acting and poor actors well you have named a few my dear!!!But all in all i agree that it could have done much better and been more than it was but what do you get when something is thrown together that quickly......try not to think so hard about it. it isn't worth it......love ya sis!!!

Holly said...

Hey girl, I wanted to read your post earlier today but waited until I watched Twilight tonight. I have to say...I have mixed feelings. I feel the way you do but not as strongly. I thought the actor that played Edward was wonderful. I liked certain things about it but overall, I am disappointed also. Boo. I was so hyped for this movie. I guess I had such high expectations for it. Maybe because Harry Potter movies had rocked and followed the book,went into more detail and put more effort into the movies, that I automatically thought Twilight would be the same. Mitch went with me and thought it was great. Another friend of mine that I got to read the books went with her husband and he liked it too. Maybe because they didnt read it and know all that it entailed. I guess if you have such strong, obsessed feelings about this book and characters it wont live up to the expectations we put on it. I feel your pain!

Maran said...

Are you kidding me here?!? Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy are classic brat pack. All of the movies I listed are still shown frequently because they are classics as well. People actually quote those movies!!!I guess it was before your time little sister.

Jen said...

I just haven't gotten into the Twilight thing, so I really don't have an opinion. However, I think the guy that plays the Edward guy looks fruity. I plan on seeing Bond, James Bond!

Blasphemy Cami! You cannot deny Molly and Andrew! Sixteen candles! Wat a hoppenin' hot tuff?

Jen said...

Yes, I know Andrew was not in Sixteen Candles. But do you remember how hot the Jake Ryan character is in that movie? Yum! I will take a Jake Ryan any time over Edward the fruity vampire!

Cami said...

i never said that i thought the edward character was hot or any of that matter.....in fact i totally think that they chose characters awfully except for alice. all i said is that it is a matter of opinion on what you like and i have seen all of those movies several times and they are cheesier than all get out. They keep playing those movies as classics because they are fun to make jest of! Just realize my sister that you are getting old in your age!!! and the older you get the cheesier you get.....trust me we are all headed for the cheesy road of age.....just some of us are a lot closer than others!!! love ya sis.....

Cami said...

oh and ps jen......i have never even said that i like the movie or thought it done well. i don't.....they could have done much better!!! and i hope that if they make movies out of the other books they had better get a whole lot better. they need a new director......peter jackson or mike newell and then those movies could rock!!! in fact one of those two should just redo twilight and then continue on with the series!!! if only..........and i totally agree with your friend there. for people who have read the books it is disappointing but for people who havent it was alright i think. so here i sit in a don't hate it with all my soul, like you, but i don't love it either as jen portrays. i am just eh....whatever!!!

Aneesa Bee said...

I'm sorry you had to suffer such torture--you have only reaffirmed my resolve to not read OR watch ANYTHING to do with Twilight. So far, I'm not feeling like I'm missing a THING!
Aneesa