Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soccer Photos

Nya started playing soccer this year. She absolutely loves it (when she's playing forward.) She's still not fond of being on defense. Anyway, I just wanted to share a few pics. Nya is #2. None of the photos are very good. I'm definitely not the best photographer. . .I'm just happy to have finally remembered my camera for once!

Today they played a team that hasn't lost a game in 3 years! I hear they practice 3 days a week. Several of the girls on that team play for U9, as well as Nya's age division, U8. (Some of them were monstrously huge!) Anyway, we were glad the girls only lost by 7 goals. The final score was 2 to 9.

I don't think I've ever yelled so loud in all my life! At one point during half time I found myself telling Nya "Those girls are rough! Don't be afraid to get in there and man handle 'em! If they shove you, shove 'em back!" Nya seemed pretty surprised to hear me actually telling her to rough somebody up. When did I become so violent??? However, the pep talk worked! The other team only scored 1 goal during the entire 2nd half! Nya was much more aggressive after that.Here she is playing defense. The girl next to her is the coaches daughter. Luckily it didn't start raining until right after the game ended. I had a few more pics, but they were all too blurry to see anything. Maybe I'll get a better shot at next weeks game.

6 comments:

Holly said...

wow! I really cant get over how tall and grown up Nya looks!

Jen said...

Having your kids in sports can turn any mom into a violent, ranting soccer mom! Believe, I've been there.

Okay, that other team...over kill!
Even when Cody was on the comp. team they still only practiced once a week. That's nuts! Good for Nya's team! Keep up the good work Nya!

Regina said...

We love soccer!! Nick has been playing for 3 years! It's funny how they can get aggresive after mom starts yelling! Go Nya!

TJ said...

Hey forward is the BEST! I hate defense too! Defense has to work too hard and forwards have all the fun cause they get to score! Go NYA! Offense all the way!

Cami said...

soccer is an amazing sport and i am so glad that she loves it!!! we differ in our loves though....i am a defender all the way...sweeper to be exact!!! tell her i am happy for her and to keep at it....

The Haley Family said...

Soccer is a hard sport for me to get into...maybe because I don't know anything about it. We're starting baseball season and I am excited about that...all 3 boys are going to be playing. I need a cloning machine!!

Good job Nya! I love your hair too!