I just had to share with everyone my latest exciting news! (First off, let me answer the question that seems to be weighing on so many peoples minds lately. NO!!!!! I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!!!) As a side note on that subject, Brian says my desire to 'test run' new birthing methods is not a reason to have another baby. In an effort to be diplomatic, I'm taking his word for it. :)Anyway, back to the subject. Mark your calendars! Grand Junction is having its first-ever Birth Fest September 11, 12, and 13th 2009! The birthfest will be focused on giving pregnant moms and families all of the goods, services, and resources available to them on the western slope of Colorado. BirthFest is sponsored by BirthSmart, a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate pregnant women on their birth options, because an educated mother has the best chance for an empowered birth. Our logo is, "Educate your belly." We are expecting around 1500 participants!
BirthFest will be featuring six incredible events:
- Birth, a play by Karen Brody at the Art Center
- A Birth Art Show- featuring the work of several artists
- Film Festival at the Avalon featuring the films "The Business of Being Born" and "Orgasmic Birth"
- Guest Speakers (Suzanne Arms author of the New York Times bestseller "Immaculate Deception" is the keynote speaker!)
- FREE Red Tent Birth Story Telling Festival
- FREE Vendors Expo in Sherwood Park (You can rest assured that HypnoBirthing will be well represented!)
Just thinking about this great event gets my heart palpitating! I will share more info as I get it. Otherwise, for anyone interested in learning more (or volunteering to help out) you can go to the website http://birthfest.org/

6 comments:
That is awesome that you are doing this..
Yay! I'm so excited. Can't wait to get involved!
Gird up your loins Jamie! We're waiting for you. . .Mua ha ha ha!
wow lady, you are amazing! You are so passionate, I love it!!!!
you are so busy woman!!! i told mom the other day that you just like to take on the world....one big ol' chunk at a time! She then informed me that you are also in charge of girls camp this year...ahhhhhhh! i don't know how you do it all. you amaze me!
You are amazing! Oh, I wish I could see you in action!
Post a Comment