Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Naming the Business, HELP!!!

I spent this past weekend at a doula workshop. After meeting a group of lovely ladies in my area, and realizing that I now have support and backup, I have decided to get back into Doula-ing. I've been taking a break for awhile now (sort of), after a really traumatic birth experience. (Traumatic for me, NOT for mom or baby ;)

In light of this decision, I have decided that it's time to get a business license. My biggest quandary, is what to name the business.

So, I have a few names I've been considering, but I'm also open to ideas and suggestions. Here are the names:

1) Gentle Birth (I like this one alot, I used it in NM. It's probably the easiest one, because I already have the logo. It just doesn't have the personal significance the others do, but it may be the most marketable.)

2) The Sacred Path (This one has particular significance, in that it's where I go in my mind while I'm birthing! Also, it could mean the actual birth path the baby passes through, or the sacred path of motherhood. I can visualize some great art for the logo on this one.)

* I took off the 3rd & 4th choices, since I really prefer the first two, and it appears as though everyone feels the same way.

So, you can see I NEED some help. I realize that my views of birth are a little outside of the norm for many women. I really want the name of my business to be something that the average woman would like. I don't want to choose a name that would seem too extreme and turn people off.

Which name do you like, if any? Do you have any suggestions or ideas for names I haven't considered? Please leave a comment with your opinion.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! and Happy Birthing!!

12 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks great to hear Maran. You are so talented and professional, I am happy to hear you will be back to your passion. I still like Gentle Birth the best but I also like The Sacred Path too. Let us know what you decide.

Regina said...

I like Gentle Birth too! It just sounds more like what a doula is for.

TJ said...

I like the sacred path.

Cheree said...

I really like gentle birth and the sacred path. How are you? It's been a long time since I've talked to you!

Maran said...

Cheree, it's good to hear from you. How are things going? Do you have a blogspot? I clicked on your photo, but it didn't show me your blog address. Hope things are going well.

Jen said...

Gentle Birth, definitely. Everyone wants a 'gentle birth'.

The Moving Circus said...

Gentle birth, I like the sound of that!!! Good luck its awesome that you can do that;)

Cami said...

i like gentle birth the best..i guess for what it is worth! lol

Kristen said...

I like both :) I think either one describes what you do, so I don't think you can go wrong.

Aneesa Bee said...

Maran,
I think that "Gentle Birth" is more appealing for the wider audience. They are both beautiful names for a business though. Good luck with that one!

The Haley Family said...

I vote for Gentle Birth. It just sounds soothing and enticing! Good luck, you'll do awesome!

Courtney said...

Ya, I would go with Gentle Birth. It makes me happy even though I don't ever want to birth again. I am done, if you can tell :). I think the sacred birth is nice but might be too churchy for mainstream people. I am so excited for you. You will do so great!