Saturday, October 4, 2008
A Bugs Life
Those of you who know Nya, know about her exploits with the animal kingdom. She has been known to bring home snakes, horny toads, birds, kittens, frogs, lizards, and various members of the insect and arachnid families. So, what's her latest passion? The Praying Mantis. Here are a couple photos of one she caught. Unfortunately the only insect Nya is uncomfortable catching is the cricket. Since her Praying Mantis needs to eat crickets to survive, I have the honor of collecting them. Yesterday I caught one and asked Nya, "Who has the Rockinest mom in the whole world?" To my dismay, she hesitated before answering. Perhaps it's because I won't touch anything she brings home. . . 
The following photos are of a Katydid Corbin caught. I guess he's following in Nya's footsteps. If you look closely at the first photo, you can see the Katydid amongst the leaves. Unfortunately, we can't really pic her up. (Since I don't want a Katydid flying around my house!) In the 2nd picture, you can see eggs she layed last night. The eggs are stuck to a leaf in the front of the photo. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow! Nya is braver than me! Pretty cool stuff guys!
I think she has the coolest mom ever because I would try to be brave but wouldn't be able to do that. My kids are catching frog all the time and I won't touch them!!! That is impressive.
Remember that "child of the earth" we caught at the college for her? Does she still have it? I think it is so cool that she loves bugs and animals. We miss you guys too. Our ward is just not the same. Its such a different ward now, we dont even know anyone anymore. How is your new ward? I am sure it is looking beautiful up that way with the autumn colors!
She kept the Child of the Earth until last week when I threw it out.(It was so old that it was actually crumbling apart.) That was by far the coolest bug I have ever seen though!
So, that really is cool that she likes that kinda stuff. I am a major creepy crawly freak. Zoinks...can handle them.
I'm glad to see you posting again.
:)
you are the 'rockinest' mom ever! I guess I need to invest in an aquarium so we can keep all the 'treasures' the boys want to keep! I don't mind touching most of them...
Brian - great article in the Trib. Thank you for coming to Dallon's baptism. He thought it was so cool. See you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment