











So one of the things my kids were looking forward to in Wyoming, was a fishing trip with their grandpa. Knowing my father-in-law well, I made sure to ask if the place we were going was safe for children. I've heard the horror stories from his kids about hiking for miles and miles, wanting to go home, the rough terrain, etc. He assured me that the place we were going was perfect. Unfortunately, I think in this instance his memory failed him. While I am proud that we were able to accomplish the hike, (and wasn't even sore the next day,) I must add that I am relieved we all lived through the ordeal.
So we had our fishing trip, complete with water logged meadows, BOLDERS, mosqitoes, BOLDERS, snow, scorching heat, BOLDERS, a few fish, and more BOLDERS! Buy the way, did I mention the bolders?? Nya was a real trooper. She didn't complain until the very end when her legs gave out. Brian and I took turns packing her after that. If you look closely at the photo with Nya on my back, you can see small white flecks covering my pant legs. Those are mosquitos! This is why I'm in such a weird position, I couldn't stop swatting, even for a photo. I think we all ended up with fifty or sixty bites anyway. (That's with insect repellant!)
Anyway, no one can dispute the beauty of the place we went. It was gorgeous! However, it was not worth putting my children in danger. I think after this, we will select our own fishing spots. Perhaps in a few years I will be able to look back and laugh.

5 comments:
oh, the memories made!!! Our camping trip in ID earlier this month was full of MOSQUITOS! So gross!!
So you buff to carry an 8 year old!!
poor grammer...
you are SO buff...
Wow! It is beautiful there! But I have to agree with the danger and I really hate mosquitos!
I'm not really buff. . .it was more out of desperation. . .
wow - I'm impressed that you did that with your kids. What great parents you are to carry Nya. I couldn't imagine carrying Brandon... probably because he's 95 lbs!
I love seeing the photos.
It's good to see you, Maran! It's been a few years!
Post a Comment